RE: NPR

>The more cash USGovCo gives money to art, the less private citizens both
>value and fund it themselves.

ROFL. What are you smoking? Please pass it around :>

Do you really think that the majority of the public will >ever< have
discriminating tastes in entertainment? (I suppose that that's the same as
saying "Will we ever all be above average drivers?" but you know what I
mean)

> Sorry but they don't get my thumbs up.  The vast minority of material on
NPR
> is Moog, Fripp, etc.  Whenever I do hear NPR it's a bunch of carping
> politicos with nothing better to do than pontificate if not just vomit
all
> over me as a citizen.  Phooey.

Oh yeah? Well check out:

http://www.npr.org/programs/lnfsound/

Lost and found sounds. Really cool stuff.

http://www.scern.org/pj/

Marian McPartland's Piano Jazz - she has a different legendary guest in
every week.

http://www.thisamericanlife.com

The antique road show of people.

There's a >loads< more, too.