Re: "Perspective/Perception Is Everything"

> Note my response elsewhere to that reaction on the LD list.  Never said
>it
> was offensive or absurd.  I didn't learn from a textbook nor have a big
> perochial training - at times to my regret, as I think I'd have had
>quite a

<snip>

> trouble deciphering my guitar fingering, but I have no difficulty playing
> with people who can do it by ear.  Similarly if someone said "play it in
>D"
> (I use A or E as a base) I'd have some trouble - at the moment.  But to
>each
> his or her own.  I have to continue onward, no matter what anyone
>thinks...
> but I NEVER said I didn't have respect for perochially-trained musicians.
> I'm sorry if anyone thought I said so, but I didn't.

I didn't say I didn't have respect for it either, my point being that
musical training or artistic training isn't as creative as say somebody
who creates completely from what they hear instead of the logical
"trained" process. It's just something I've been contemplating lately,
like Yoda said "You must unlearn what you have learned"...I do want to
make it clear that any form of music is great, trained or untrained, but
on a personal level, I want to appoach the musical creation process in a
fresh and almost naive way.

just some thoughts. ;-)

--
travis salisbury