Yamaha analog delays

Morning all!

I have a question - after researching analog delays and my bank balance, I
have decided on going for one of the few delays on e-bay right now. Now
there are two Yammaha models are the E1010 (which have read about a
bit) and the E1005.
Could anyone compare the two for me? I knwo the E1010 is known for it's
sonic clarity, which makes it especially attractive. Does the E1005 share
this characteristic? SHould I pay $100 + s&h or can it be had for cheaper?

THanks for the newbie tolerance - I'm a synthesist, not an FX man!