Re: Any More Info on New BOSS Looping pedal

I put my EDP in sampler mode (Mute then hit insert for a one-shot trigger)
on long loops, then tap on the downbeat. It's amazing how well you can
make things sync up. Then you can do things like re-trigger only the
beginning of the loop for awhile, then let the entire loop play to add
variation. It's SO simple, yet really makes things sound dynamic. The fact
that it automatically stops allows you to improvise yet other events in
any gaps you leave open. It's really easy and fun...

I believe you can do this sort of thing on the Boomerang and well as the
DL4... The Boss looks like it does that as well as allows you to RE-TAP to
CHANGE the loop time... so I'd say you should be able to recover from
poorly tapped tempo problems as well as be creative about how you overlay
your loops. Can't wait to see this puppy as well as the AMP STATION. I've
gotta say... Boss DOES seem to have some very FRIENDLY gear. I LOVE my
GT-5.

-Miko

>>> soundmind@pandora.be 01/25/01 09:40AM >>>
>From the specs I've read, it seems pretty easy to sync to other equipment
>or
even real people:)  The tap for instance seems usefull..  I've only had
experience with the DL4, so I might be a bit naive here.  If  I am, please
enlighten me.

Jan

http://www.geocities.com/forimul/index.html