OT: Help with Solid Body Construction!

All,

     I'm in the process of building a tapping instrument (  http://www.bme.com.au/bmeproducts.html ) in 34" scale on the SR headless model, set up akin to a Chapmen Stick or Warr Guitar (with the bass strings being in the centre of the instrument).

     As far as the woods go, I've been looking at a neck through construction of a laminate of Mahogany and Rosewood (Rosewood being on the odd stripe) with Korina body wings, with a fingerboard of Ebony. The main thing I'm looking for is in this is going to be a warm, full tone, along the lines of a Les Paul, with the bass side being a little more punchy (this is the part that is currently confusing me). I'm also hoping to keep the sustain of said Les Paul for those instances when it is strummed, vs. tapped.

     What I'm hoping is that the Korina body wings would even the mellowness of the neck and give more presence behind the low-end.

     Thanks again for any help or advice!

Lee