RE: double neck bass

This is my first post on this list as a poster from the harp-l.
I just got the Danelectro baritone / 6 double neck.  I am having the nut
replaced with one from the 6 string bass model. So I can place a string
set on from their 6 string bass.  I imagine I'll have some level problems
that I will solve by rewiring the volume controls.  I look forward to the
6 string bass with 6 string guitar.  With the same tunings, but an octave
apart I hope to have a lot of sonic range.
Reed My Lips (Save The Wail) Denis Aldrich