Re: LOOPING to CIRCLES to LOOPING

>ahoeltje@best.com writes that rick loop pool walker wrote:
>We have, almost entirely stopped singing or whistling as a culture in
public.

What you mean "WE", Kemo Sabe?  I question whether most of the folks
tromping around with cel phones attached to their heads compose or perform
music... but that's beside my point.

Back when car #3 gave up the ghost in LA - and when #4 and 5 did also - I
was forced to take the bus to jobs.  I don't like the notion of wearing a
set of earphones in the parts of LA that I had to go to get to work - not
wise in my opinion - and as such I found that my brain filled in for the
former car radio quite well.  Perhaps better.  In a sense I was "listening"
to remixes of songs I knew and loved, and composing new material quite a
bit
as well.  And I whistled and hummed when not around people that it'd annoy.
Sometimes I sang softly when tromping the blocks upon blocks, working on
vocal arrangements, figuring them out, how I wanted them.  I'd keep this
going when I found something good, so I could get home and still have it in
my head.

LA Radio as such isn't such a big loss anyway - it's more of a sales medium
in any event.  And, in the absence of it, I found untold freedom in the
brain, to run, play, and compose on my own.  And perhaps provide play space
for others, with or without instruments.

I suspect that such a generalized statement as the above comes from a big
city in any event... Though you wouldn't know it to hear the construction
workers on the refurbishment project of "12 special flats" next door to our
building: at times one or several breaks out in what can only be
interpreted
as mufti opera, before someone - perhaps a foreman - yells something like
"sharrup!" or less-intelligible things at them.  It keeps coming back,
despite the possible foreman's interdiction.  Isn't human creativity like
this though?  It keeps coming back, despite ANY suppressive efforts.

Stephen Goodman
http://www.earthlight.net/Studios * The free Loop of the Week!
http://www.mp3.com/StephenGoodman * New MP3 Releases!
http://StephenGoodman.iuma.com * Even more MP3s!