Re: Integrity of Performance and the Sample

Hi Linddsay,

I recommend that you do what is easiest and the most satifying.  Do it
with just
you and your partner.  Rearrange each song for just two instruments and
minimize
how often you change instruments as that disrupts the flow of a live show.
good song will translate well into any orchestration - just don't get hung
up
with trying to play a song exactly like it is on your CD/tape/whatever.
Carry
the minimum amount of gear to save your back.  Makes setup and tear down a
snap
and the gig will be much more pleasant for you.  If you're having fun or
sweating bullets, the audience will pick up on your condition and respond
accordingly.  And bring a looper just for fun!

Bill         billfox@fast.net
http://wdiyfm.org/schedule/s_emusic.html
Host of EMUSIC, an electronic, ambient, and space music show.  Thursdays at
11 pm on WDIY 88.1 FM, Allentown and Bethlehem and 93.9 FM in Easton and
Phillipsburg.  Email me if you wish to submit music for airplay
consideration.
Radio Station Home Page: http://wdiyfm.org
Personal site: http://www.users.fast.net/~billfox