EMUSIC Playlist #207

[ Best viewed with a fixed spacing font. ]

EMUSIC, an electronic, ambient, and space music show, airs each Thursday
at 11:04 pm on WDIY 88.1 FM, Allentown and Bethlehem, PA and 93.9 FM in
Easton, PA and Phillipsburg, NJ.

                    Show #207                    March 8, 2001.

RECAP:
On this show, I continued the month-long focus on Robert Scott Thompson, an
Associate Professor of Music at Georgia State University in Atlanta where
he is
also the director of CARA, the Center for Audio Recording Arts.  Robert has
releases in several genres on many labels.  The feature CD at Midnight was
"The
Silent Shore" on his the Mirage label.  I also played the music of Kit
Watkins
who will perform at the next Gathering.  I played Band of Fire as a
birthday
present to Mike Metlay.

Robert Scott Thompson
http://wdiyfm.org/emusic/playlists/2001/focus01.html#mar
Kit Watkins at the next Gathering   http://wdiyfm.org/emusic/events.html

PLAYLIST:

ARTIST                  TRACK                    ALBUM (label)
======================= ========================
==============================
11:04 pm
Mike Metlay             Band of Fire             Band of Fire (Atomic City)
Robert Rich             Hour One                 Somnium Radio Edits
(Hypnos)
Kit Watkins             Beauty Drifting          Beauty Drifting (mp3.com)
vidnaObmana             Fleeting Space           Subterranean Collective
(Projekt)
Ozone Player            Insane Logic             Insane Logic (Oy Visual
Power)
Steve Roach             Slow Dissolve            Early Man (Projekt)
Radio Massacre Int'l.   Organ Harvest Part Two   Organ Harvest (Centaur)
Spacecraft              Summer Town *            Summer Town
(SpaceForMusic.com)

12:00 am
Robert Scott Thompson   Dream Song               The Silent Shore (Mirage)
Robert Scott Thompson   Floe                     The Silent Shore (Mirage)
Robert Scott Thompson   Spirare                  The Silent Shore (Mirage)
Robert Scott Thompson   Still Life               The Silent Shore (Mirage)
Robert Scott Thompson   Real and Imaginary       The Silent Shore (Mirage)
Robert Scott Thompson   Erin Outback             The Silent Shore (Mirage)
Robert Scott Thompson   Shimmer Upon the Mirror  The Silent Shore (Mirage)
                          Pond
Robert Scott Thompson   Chanter                  The Silent Shore (Mirage)
Robert Scott Thompson   Edge of Stillness        The Silent Shore (Mirage)
Robert Scott Thompson   The Fragrance Soul       The Silent Shore (Mirage)
Robert Scott Thompson   Causeway *               The Silent Shore (Mirage)

1:00 am

 * = exerpt
VA = Various Artists (compilation)

NEXT SHOW:
On the next EMUSIC, I'll continue the month-long focus on Dr. Robert Scott
Thompson.  Next week's feature CD at midnight will be "Alchemy" on
Robert's own
Aucourant Records label.

Bill         billfox@fast.net
http://wdiyfm.org/schedule/s_emusic.html
Host of EMUSIC, an electronic, ambient, and space music show.  Thursdays at
11 pm on WDIY 88.1 FM, Allentown and Bethlehem and 93.9 FM in Easton and
Phillipsburg.  Email me if you wish to submit music for airplay
consideration.
Radio Station Home Page: http://wdiyfm.org
Personal site: http://www.users.fast.net/~billfox