Re: fretless looping guitars

hello everyone.  my name is curt, and i am intrigued by the fretless guitar
thread to the point of considering removing the frets from an old hondo
electric (6 string) thats been sitting in its case for quite sometime.   i
have little use for the guitar, as i have several of higher quality that i
use frequently for my own brand of loop based compositions...   more to the
point, what would be the 'correct' way to go about removing the frets...?
it  seems straight forward enough, but any advice/tips/strategies would be
most appreciated.

---just a little info about myself...    ive been playing stringed
instruments of all type for about 15 years, and have recently been
introducing more oscillator based electronics into my studio.  as far as
looping goes, i hold closely to a minimalist aesthetic, but often work with
other musicians in live situations.  being a newbie to the list, i would
enjoy being exposed to anyone's music who would care sending along their
respective URL's.    i am enjoying the tracks on 'pseudobuddha' as we
speak.  the track "gra"  would be described as "free-world music"...   i
love it!

thanks for your time, and many thanks for this list.

cheers,
curt