Re: fretless looping guitars

thanks for the advice roberto...    i'll make an attempt to remove the
frets and give an update on my progress.  i have a few ideas of how i could
gingerly get under them, maybe from the bottom edge, slightly from behind
to get them started..??

>>>Wouldn't it be of advantage then to have a harder fingerboard surface?
Glass might for sure be very hard, but wouldn't it resonate in a much
different manner than good ol' wood?

for sure.   some folks like the rigidity and alleged additional sustain of
glass fingerboards, but in my humble opinion nothing is comparable to wood.
secondly the timber of a stringed instrument doesnt entirely depend on the
fiberboard and the strings...   amplification, playing technique and
over-all construct of the instrument often times dictate what the general
tone will be to a greater degree...   but, this probably isnt news to
anyone.

do you fretless string players have a preference on playing style?   i.e.
arpeggio based as opposed to hammering?   id be interested to hear what the
majority of string playing loopers are doing...

"Stephen P. Goodman" <spgoodman@earthlight.net> on 03/15/2001 01:49:49 PM

Please respond to "Stephen P. Goodman" <spgoodman@earthlight.net>