Re: [ElectronicMusic] mp3.com

-----Original Message-----
MIRAI asked:
>> Have I misunderstood something.
>> Or has Mp3.com suddenly changed its tactics?
>> I.E. you have to pay 20.00 dollars a month
>> to be part of their P4P system?
>> MIRAI

Glenn responded:
>You didnt misunderstand. Yes they did change their tactics.

Paul Adams responded:
>This is partly true. Starting April 1st you will only be able to get P4P
>with
>Premium Service. You may still have your work represented there if you are
>not "premiumed".

And now I say:
That's right, folks.  It's now a Pay-to-Play scheme.  Of course, if you
don't
pay $20/month to get the Premium Service, I dare you to try and upload
anything
and get it installed in a timely manner...  Just my not-so-humble opinion,
not
based in verified fact.  But hearsay cited on the Ambient list seems to be
pointing in that direction.  Here's a list of other sites I saw on the
Ambient
list.  Hey Glenn!  Sounds like a REAL NEWS STORY you may wish to consider
covering in your e-zine.

www.iuma.com
www.besonic.com
www.audiogalaxy.com
www.vitaminic.com
www.riffage.com
www.somemusic.com
www.icast.com
music.tucows.com

cc: to other lists where musos hang out...

Cheers,

Bill         billfox@fast.net
http://wdiyfm.org/schedule/s_emusic.html
Host of EMUSIC, an electronic, ambient, and space music show.  Thursdays at
11 pm on WDIY 88.1 FM, Allentown and Bethlehem and 93.9 FM in Easton and
Phillipsburg.  Email me if you wish to submit music for airplay
consideration.
Radio Station Home Page: http://wdiyfm.org
Personal site: http://www.users.fast.net/~billfox