re: wierd question

At 1:30 AM -0700 5/29/01, Rick Walker (loop.pool) wrote:
>There is a very creative artist out of San Francisco whose name is Cheb I
>Shabbah who is doing a very cool blending of looping, Indian and
>MiddleEastern music.........

A few years ago I worked on a Sound Traffic Control gig at Club
Townsend, with Cheb i Sabbah among the guest artists. In the middle
of his set the sound system literally smoked - the SPL went from
around 110 dB to room tone in an instant, while wisps of fried
capacitor curled up from the Mackie 8-bus. Luckily we had a second
console and quickly reconceived and reconfigured the system.

Richard Zvonar, PhD                     zvonar@zvonar.com
(818) 788-2202 voice                    zvonar@LCSaudio.com
(818) 788-2203 fax                      zvonar@well.com

                 http://www.zvonar.com