Re: Sound cards

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick Bailey" <patthelooper@hotmail.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2001 7:39 PM
Subject: Sound cards

> I noticed the posts regarding sound cards-
>
> I recently bought a Lexicon Core 2 card for my new PC that is on order.
> Anybody have one of these that wants to share their ups n' downs with
>this
> card?
>
> thanks, pat

Hi, Pat.
I'm using that Lexicon card on almost everything since February 2000. I
found it great, it has only some little bugs in its drivers. (Please
everybody write lexicon to remember them that the Athlons are equal to or
better than Intels.) The drivers have some bugs (read the read.me of the
various driver updates), they are non 100% compatible with AMD processors
and motherboards. I'm currently using it in a Duron machine, and I have
used
it for a year on a PII 266, and I find it great, expecially the dbx feature
on the analog ins. I've even used it in a studio and with almost every
program existing for the Win98 O.S., and I've got great results.

P.S. for the S.B. Live question. Have you all ever tried to use it with
ASIO
drivers? For an amateaur or for game playing that is a great card, you
could
even try to use it with Sound Fonts, and get great results, but don't try
use it for VST2.0 virtual synths in real-time under cubasis or cubase vst.
Beside, where the heck are the features announced from Creative Labs on
Liveware 3? They announced Dinamic Memory Allocation for the sound fonts.
where is it?

Hi all, Luigi.