Filters and such...

At 06:23 4/30/01 -0400, you wrote:
>> > http://www.line6.com/Main/The_Buzz/Hot_News/FM4Rollout/FM4main.htm
>quite so... I checked out nearly all the mp3s there and not
>one of them really floated my boat.  peculiar, eh?  they
>did SUCH a good job with the DL4, I love that unit's spacey
>effects so much I almost never loop with it!

I am still stuck on a Mutator (http://www.cerbernet.co.uk/mutronics/)
(stereo)
That and I am sure everyone knows about the Filterbank2...
www.sherman.be   (mono)

I was accepted to study at CCMix (http://www.upic.asso.fr/) this July.
Going to be broke, but it will be worth it (what is new?). Any loopers
from
the Paris area want to meet up? Curtis Roads is giving his first public
presentation on his new book on microsound (CREATE web site said this
thing
would be out in '99!), Carla Scaletti will be presenting on using Kyma
live, plus other "crazies" of the computer music world.

Any thoughts now on the TC Powercore? It will rock seriously now as they
have opened it to VST/MAS plugins. I wonder if Kyma will keep its edge
considering all the cool VST plugin/instruments out there. (Of course it
will in some regard, but not others; mainly cost and the fact that they
have committed to a certain software/hardware architecture).

I also had the opportunity to attend (because it was free) what was billed
as the first microtonal conference:
http://www2.hmc.edu/~alves/microfest2001.html
It was neat as it gave me a glimpse into music history and a lot of ideas
and inspiration to try new things. Between the microsound, microtonal, and
looping worlds there is an unlimited terrain of possibilities. If anyone
can point me to musical areas farther out there I will have to assume
alien
intelligence is involved... ;)

Here is my first electronic track created last June (only song I did using
Rebirth; w/ factory presets nonetheless...):
http://www.egregious.net/~catharsis/tracks/tones.mp3

I have learned so much since then in terms of recording, etc. It is not
looping material, but I'll get there soon.

I am stoked to have learned about this opportunity (especially since the
focus is turntables):
http://www.nweamo.org/nweamoform.html

I have a new live DJ mix up at www.egregious.net/comps/  -- Live March
7th.
I like it.

Thanks for the warm welcome when I posted my intro a while back!

Loop on,
--Catharsis

Egregious
"Spiritual renewal through music for those outside the heard."
http://www.egregious.net/