re: Digitech PDS-8000 mods. . .

Curious if anyone has attempted to expand its capabilities . . .

Zac,

    That was my first and only looping device for 3 years (pre jamman!) .
. . she's just making farts and bleeps whenever I hook her up these days,
but check out how much I abused her here:

http://www.harmony-central.com/Effects/Data/DigiTech/PDS_8000_EchoPlus-01.html

    My review is the second one down.  Basically, I just hooked up a
larger knob to the speed control, so once a loop was set, I could
SPEED-IT-UP or sloooww iit dooowwnn . . . with my toe.  I'm sure you could
do a cv control mod.  The sample is 8-bit, so continuous overdubbing gets
a little wacky, but you can set it so the previous dubs diminish in volume
with the regen knob.  I don't know about circuit bending on this, as it is
a pretty packed digital board.  Maybe you could get a pitch transpose, or
add some dirt to the loop.  The best would be allowing the regeneration to
reach beyond %100 for a twisted tape-loop-feedback style explosion!

I've seen these go for $350 these days. What did you pay?  And who wants a
busted version for parts?  Email me off list and we can work it out.

                            aaroneous