RE: jamman footswitch >> midi controllers

At 11:53 AM 5/15/01 -0700, Mike Biffle wrote:
>> Hi Dan... I'm with you on this issue. I found the PMC-10 midi
>controller's delay time unacceptable as well. I'd go with hard wired
>footswitches. I used to controll feedback and other functions with midi
>as well, but tap just didn't cut it.

> i don't think it's an issue with the pmc-10, or with midi for that
>matter. i use a modified peavey pc1600/rolls rfx midibuddy combo to
>control an edp record function using midi without similar problems.  the
>peavey to jamman/edp midi chains are exactly the same to the point where
>parallel midi outputs feed both, and the jamman is just not as quick to
>respond to midi tap as the edp is to midi record.

That's why I don't have a JamMan anymore. 8-)  I've used the PMC-10 for
EDP control and had good success... although I'm tending to NOT use midi
right now mostly due to floor/footprint considerations. I've got a Lexi
PMC 80, Korg AM8000r and TC D-Two, all of which have dedicated
switch/exped inputs... so I hard wire what I need there and live with
that. It's a case of not wanting to 'shop' around for the correct
patch/bank on the midi controller to gain control. I just hit the
appropriate switch or exped and go... OTOH... when I need to change
patches, I have to reach over and crank around 'shopping' for a patch. I
don't tend to change patches as much anymore... I build the sonic change
capabilities using cc values inside a single patch...

I AM tempted by the Peavey PC1600 and other tabletop controllers such as
the Emu Launchpad though... Argh! More $$$$$$! The only way I acquired my
PMC 80 was to go into indentured servitude doing sessions in trade for
it... But boy... am I happy I've got that box!

Best,
-Miko