Re: repeater

>Actually, know what's really gonna be funny? When the Repeater is
>released and people start having problems with it like most complex
>products. The bitching will be most amusing, if history holds true
>to course.
>
>Paul

paul...how true...and probably the basis for my defensiveness!  i was
fortunate enough to try out the 'pre' repeater at the LA namm show.
it was, and is, an awesome leap forward in real time looping.
however, the interface (software) needs to be seamless and dead-nuts
on, or people just aren't going to use it.  these were the sentiments
Damon and I discussed at the show, and was the reason the Repeater
was delayed.

as much as i want one of these machines...and i'll probably get one.
(hmmmm...christmas present? i can hear my wife groan already), i will
wait until they are well out on the shelves and i get a chance to
actually TRY IT OUT in real life.  $600 bucks is alot of money, is it
not?  And i'm sure the majority of LD people ARE NOT on the waiting
list...thus, my bitchy attitude about the complaints regarding the
Repeater's late arrival.

For all of the wonderful knowledge, music, philosophy, tech geekdom
and self control this list contains (maybe minus my hot air?), i am
amazed at the threads regarding the Repeater.  We often come across
like a bunch of spoiled brats who have been denied their sugar fix...

best,

rich