Re: Speaker Selector Unit

-----Original Message-----
From: PaulPokr@aol.com <PaulPokr@aol.com>
Instead of buying another set of powered monitors, I was wondering what the
feasibility would be of using a single pair of monitors between two audio
sources. For example, using a single pair of, say, Alesis M1's between an
Aardvark Direct Pro and a Tascam 788. The Aardvark has 1/4 inch and RCA
monitor
outputs. The Tascam 788 has RCA monitor outs.

I have a speaker switch (a Niles, I believe) that has wire only connects.
It's
purpose is for stereo systems, primarily. Hence, I wouldn't want to use it
for
monitoring because of potential noise, etc. I saw a Samson
amplifier/speaker
selector in a local music store but couldn't see behind the unit. Anyone
using a
speaker selector rig?
=======
Hi Paul,

I have two versions of Radio Shack's tape loop box.  No, not THAT kind of
loop
you sillies!  It is designed to connect to your receiver's tape loop (tape
ins
and outs) and allows you to have three instead of one tape deck connected
your stereo.  It allows dubbing between any of the three decks, too.  This
would
be ideal for your purpose.  Unfortunately, the shits at Radio Shack have
long
since discontinued this handy little device.  I guess not enough people
are like
me and want to connect a DAT, a Cassette, a minidisc, and two VCRs to their
stereo tape loop.  Go figure!

Bill         billfox@fast.net
http://wdiyfm.org/schedule/s_emusic.html