Looper's Delight Archive Top (Search)
Date Index
Thread Index
Author Index
Looper's Delight Home
Mailing List Info

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Date Index][Thread Index][Author Index]

Re: XLR volume pedal?

If your rig has a channel insert jack, I'd use that instead.  For example,
my trusty old Tascam board has a tip/ring/sleeve style insert (i.e., 1/4"
stereo jack).  The sleeve is in common, the tip is send and the ring is
return (or vice versa).  So I'd put the Vol.Ped. on that puppy.  You'd have
to either make up a cable or use the proper stereo to mono Y cable.  
are usually after the gain stage so it's a nice hot signal.

Dennis Leas

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Nelson" <tcn62@ici.net>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2001 2:17 PM
Subject: XLR volume pedal?

> Do any of you loopsters know of anybody who manufactures a low-impedance
> volume pedal with XLR connectors?
> My rig includes a mic for looping odd occasional acoustic stuff (flutes,
> etc) along with the usual electrical suspects. I usually have the fader 
> the mic channel down and bring it up when I need it, but it would be so
> much smoother to be able to do this by foot since a free hand is 
> hard to come by.
> Tim