Re: Alesis AirFX (what's it do?)

matt davignon (04:46 PM 06/08/01) wrote:

 >Does anybody know about the Alesis AirFX? I'm looking at it in a
 >guitar center advertisement. All it says is that it has "tripped out,
 >mind bending effects", but it could be a useful little box. Does
 >anybody have any experience with this unit?

The Alesis website has a lot of info along with the manual.

   http://www.alesis.com/products/airfx/index.html

In short, the box is an effects processor where the params of the various
effects are controlled by the proximity of your hand/guitar neck/magic
wand
to the device. This is handled through an infra-red detector and responds
on 3 axis'. Refer to the Program Chart on the page above to get an idea of
what params are controllable on what effects.

It's a preset unit (no user memories) with RCA IN/OUT jacks and no MIDI.

The sound is good, the effects are fun, the unit responds well, and it's a
neat addition to have around.

Mark