re multiple amps/signals & electrix levels

>i've been coming up against the same hurdle here... I am building a
>pedalboard with the boomerang as my looper along with some other effects.
>have an acoustic guitar and also an electric.  I want to have both guitars
>plugged into the rig at the same time, but of course have the ability to
>switch from one to the other when I want, so that I can loop both guitars.
>My only problem is that when I'm playing the acoustic I want the signal to
>go to the PA, but when I'm playing electric, I want the signal to run to
>my
>amp (just got a new Fender Hot Rod DeVille!).  Any advice on how to route
>the signal??  Probably just going to use an A/B switch for the inputs, but
>I'm not yet sure how to handle the output, unless I just use a 2nd A/B
>switch.  But then that could be awkward, I think, to have to hit two
>different switches to change guitars.  Not sure.
>
>The 2nd hurdle is that I'm thinking I'd have to use two different loopers
>in
>order to loop the acoustic guitar and have it continue to run through the
>PA
>if I wanted to use both instruments in the same song.  Any other ideas?

Mike-
    I figured that this would be a common theme with different problems. I
think they both center around using the boomerang in 2 different, but like
situations.
    I have been running a small pedal board that splits my signal before
the
rang but after effects. I use an a/b to control the signals which only
differ by the rang. The looped signal goes to an old super reverb, and the
other to a newer concert. I have a volume pedal that I turn down when I
plug
and uplug guitars.
    My problem is that the electrix products I just got really need to go
through an effects loop, which only the concert has. I know it seems
logical
to just loop on the concert, but loops sound better out of the super.
Anyway, I think that there is a rather complex way to route using many
cables and the aux on the rang, but it makes my head hurt just thinking
about it. I would imagine that there are good switching systems out there
that some loopers might know about.
    Boss makes a good and very flexible line selecter for a hundred bucks
that
can also power other pedals. This might help you with your problem. I
checked it out on rolandus.com yesterday.

Somewhat along these lines, I've been trying to find a way to bypass my
effects loop (in a Carvin Nomad) for a (quieter) straight guitar-into-amp
sound when not using effects. An A/B box doesn't work, because interrupting
the chain between effects send and effects return kills all sound coming
out
of the amp. Little Laneili makes a loop switcher that sounds like it might
do the trick--anyone know if this would work?

Also, as far as Electrix gear, I'm having a hard time getting enough level
to properly drive my new Filter Factory (even when in the effects loop).
The
input and output lights only occasionally flicker slightly, and although I
can get some effected sounds, other functions such as the envelope follower
don't seem to be getting enough signal to function. Anybody else experience
this?

Paul