Re: Does anyone got Electrix ears from Musician's Friend??

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Mark Pulver wrote:

> Sunao Inami (06:21 PM 07/10/01) wrote:
>
>  >Does anyone got Electrix gears from  Musician's Friend?
>  >I am still waiting over 30days since my order..
>
> My wife got her order, but they screwed up. They sent her two Filter
>Queens
> and a MoFX instead of one FQ, one Warp Factory and a MoFX.
>
> She called, they said no problem the WF's are in stock and they'll ship
> one. She waited a couple of days, called, was told that the WF never went
> out and they didn't have any more. She screamed, talked to a manager,
>felt
> he was useless, found a WF at http://www.Music123.com, ordered one from
> there, and returned the extra FQ.
>
> I just checked Music123.com, it looks like they only have Filter
>Factorys left.

Had a similar experience with Guitar Center: called one in NY, they took
my order of several pieces (1 FQ, 1 EQK, 1 mofx, 2 WF, 3FF - I had two
friends of mine combining in with me), said no problem, plenty's coming,
everything's getting restocked. 3/8 my order came in: FQ, EQK, WF. They
said they'd restock in a week, it was coming they swore - except for the
mofx, which they said was never on their order, wasn't being restocked &
they offered to special order it from Electrix at full retail price of
over $400. I called another Guitar Center a fellow list member recommended
in Portland Oregon: they got me the other five pieces. I was nice enough
to call a couple of days later and cancel the remaining order in NY: they
hadn't restocked yet and had no idea when the shipment'd arrive. I'm
tempted to buy a spare WF and put it in storage in case mine ever goes
bad, as I really appreciate what I can do with it.

best,
Steve
Steve Burnett    Admin, webslingerZ     sburnett@webslingerz.com
             http://www.webslingerz.com/sburnett/