Boomerang Plus vs Boss RC-20

Yeah, like this is a new topic!

At any rate, being a multi-instrumentalist kinda guy, and having been
introduced to looping a few years ago via Keller Williams, I looked into
the various equipment, and concluded that the 'rang was the best piece
of equipment for the money.
Then, dang them, Boss introduced the RC-20 Loop Station.  Shite!!!
I've heard a LOT of positive reviews and comments on the 'rang, but
little on the RC-20 other than it's a hot new toy, and is a bit more
than half the cost of a Boomerang (Discount average $269. as opposed to
$449.).
Okay, the RC-20 is new, it's from Boss (I use Boss effects on electric
guitar and bass, and acoustic fretted instruments, and I know their
quality), but SOMEBODY out there has got to have compared the two
head-to-head by now!

The 'rang appears more logically (okay, the V2 upgrade has added a few
twists along with the enhancements) laid out, and performer-friendly
(read "hands-free"), and the A/B capability is pretty dang useful.  The
attenuation as phrases are stacked would seem annoying (users - whattaya
say?), but overall the unit seems well thought out and flexible.
The RC-20 has ten (plus a one shot) memory allocations, and 5 minutes
worth of memory.  It's cheaper.  You can't switch between phrases, but
instead can trigger them sequencer style.
I FINALLY got through to a tech at Roland (NONE of the dealers I
contacted knew a damn thing about it other than "It's pretty cool."  Uh,
can you break that down in layman's terms, perchance?), who told me that
memory is used as the phrases are overdubbed, and that the sound quality
starts to deteriorate after "several" overdubs.

Well, well.

If readily available information and customer support alone made my
decision, I'd go with the 'rang.  The company specializes in ONE
product, and is accessible.  Just TRY and talk to a real human at
Roland, once you discover there are NO real specs or downloadable
manuals for their products available.

Okay, back to the subject.  Is the RC-20 a viable challenger to the
Boomerang, or a overhyped new mass-produced gizmo? Compared
side-by-side, feature for feature, ease of use, sound quality,
accessibilty during live performance, which would be a better choice,
cost aside?

Yes, I'm obviously leaning toward the Boomerang, but honestly I've never
had a problem with any of my Boss multi-effects boards, so I know it's
solid stuff.

I just want to be satisfied with my purchase, and not have to deal with
"Damn, I coulda got the other one!" boolsheet.

ANY comparisons, recommendations, or donation of a used 'rang by someone
who's recently inherited a new Echoplex would be MUCH appreciated!