Echoplex Digital Pro Documentation Whining

I use my Echoplex  Digital Pro as my primary looper. Frankly, though, I
rarely push the limits of its capabilities. When I’m in a playing
mood, I want to do just that, play. Hence, I don’t want to fool with
reviewing documentation, etc.

That being said, I feel that, while the documentation for the EDP is
thorough, it’s organized in an inefficient manner. The first thing I
did when I received my EDP was to copy the pertinent sections of the docs
for the purpose of creating a smaller, more easily accessible set of
documentation (e.g. just the RECORD, INSERT commands, et al).

Secondly, I feel that there needs to be some sort of user’s guide
that provides examples of how to use the EDP in a cookbook manner. There
are snippets of this type of info in the Looper’s Delight archive
gleaned from the board’s messages but a more comprehensive grouping
of examples would be beneficial.

Gibson/Trace-Elliot fortunately has reintroduced the EDP some time ago. I
don’t know what their sales figures are like but the device has some
serious competition in the Electrix Repeater. The lack of more thorough
EDP documentation strikes me as a severe drawback to the EDP. Also,
there’s been talk off and on about a video tutorial for the EDP. I
think the device warrants this kind of learning tool.

Gibson/Trace-Elliot must have invested a not insignificant sum when they
setup the manufacturing environment for the EDP. Maybe they should
consider allocating sufficient funds to address the documentation/user
training shortcomings of the EDP.

Anyhow, my two cents.

Regards, Paul