response selectivity, cyclic noise and F.F.T5

5 new
10 Print "hello"
20 set R$=0
30 print "if you're getting 20-15K or above, .01 or better, enter "1"
32 print "if you're getting 20-14K or below, .02 or worse, enter "0"
40 enter B$
50 If B$=0 then goto 100
60 print"list member writes me personally today to say "keep your posts" on
topic. Right now, or at least for the last week or so the harmonics from
the
tune played in east cost cities have been reverberating loudly, the early
reflections we as loud as the original signal, but somewhere between the
sample rate and the digital filtering, there was a lot of crosstalk and
distortion going on.
I'm concerned the the noise level of a new looping device while colorful
and
an understandable part of the process of interactive
performance/recording/creation might come to be accepted as an industry
standard for future sound quality.
Also since people have been talking about lifting their grounds before
using
their loopers, I'm concerned about IC stability and also the possibility of
shock.
There've been a lot of pro-limited bandwidth looping and talk of simply
breaking the ground prong off the power supply and I post one thing about
maintaining sound quality and being careful not to introduce instability in
the IC by providing a real ground to also reduce shock (which has happened
to me before) and am told politely to"dummy up" by another list member.
In fact the majority of the few "Dummy up" remarks made on list have been
after someone, including in this instance, shared an alternative viewpoint
on electrical safety and concerns for the long term sound quality of
looping, while those on the side of abandon have passed without a hitch.

This gives the appearance of a strongly invested, despite any
claims(implied
or spoken) or neutrality, of a psycholgical investment very strongly in
favor of nyquist and other filter related noise and a lack or regard for
the
proper grounding of looping machinery or the turn of thoe who would speak
out for clarity.

"help help I'm being opressed..." (secretly wishing it were Zoot and all
her
sisters who's peril i was in danger of:)), but ultimately adding that it's
our world, while we like to think the quality of equipmnt will just keep
going up over time, if we only embrace noisy gear, ultimately, the world
will be filled with more of that."
80 goto 30
100 print "thank you"