Re: Line6 Echo Pro

Devices with MIDI inputs, tap tempo, and no way to sync to MIDI clock are
one of my pet peeves.

>From what I gather from this thread, the Echo Pro doesn't fall into that
category if used as a delay rather than as a looper. (For the price,
however, in looking for a delay effect, I'd have to think about whether I'd
rather get an Echo Pro or a TC D-Two.)

Lacking MIDI clock-smarts in the looper is certainly disappointing. I'm
trying to resolve whether it falls into the pet peeve category. Certainly,
it would be very useful to quantize operations to MIDI clock-defined beats.
That ought to be pretty easy. It could even handle late presses by keeping
small buffer. Where it gets messy is after the loop is recorded. What is
the
looper supposed to do if the tempo changes? The Repeater purports to track
the loop tempo without changing the pitch though I gather from the posts
here that it may end up with it's timing skewed as it does so. My EDP is in
the other room and not presently wired to anything sending MIDI clock. What
does it do since it doesn't have fancy pitch shifting software?

Mark