Using Repeater liv (was: Re: dt harmony-central repeater review)

As it currently is (software version 1.0), the Repeater is a little clumsy
for use
for a live instrumentalist (IMO), mainly due to the "loop point assist"
bug, midi
bug, and the inability to cue up a new loop directly into record. The lack
of
being able to kill the input for wet only operation could also hinder some
setups,
I imagine.

On the bright side, Electrix has announced that all these things are being
fixed
or added to future release versions.  The bug fixes are slated for the 1.1
release.  To quote Damon from Electrix as to when this will be released,
"Soon."
Electrix has not been posting much on the LD list, but they have been
posting on
their Forum page.  Check it out at http://www.electrixpro.com

It's my opinion that when the above is fixed or added to the Repeater OS,
it will
surely be a formidable tool for a live loop performance.  Several loopers
have
already announced it's use in live performances, and found it to be fine.
I'm not
sure if they were instrumentalists or sound collage artists.  If you're
doing free
form sound collage stuff, it's probably already good to go as is.

Mark Sottilaro