RE: New Thread: Classical Music Influences on Us

I'd best jump in before this is "Old Thread" :-)
I am primarily a classical pianist, getting my daily 1-? hours of
practicing music written by others, and THEN do some looping
(ooh-la-la).  (Having a foot in both worlds gives me an excuse for
mediocrity?)   I'm pretty mainstream, loving Gershwin (Songs arranged by
composer), Poulenc (Nocturnes), Debussy (Suite Bergamasque).   From the
latter (a set of four pieces), I have just started Passepied, with it's
left hand staccato arpeggios going steadily for two pages.  The Prelude
and Minuet, from same, are fairly wild and joyous, and it's hard to
imagine them in conjunction with Clair De Lune's mostly peaceful
complexion.

Gershwin had 88 fingers, and Poulenc's humorous & warm simple melodies
wander to eccentric heights...

Music of such detailed sculpture that I'm constantly discovering
overlooked nuances in pieces I've played for years.

David