Re: MD loops?

I used to loop samples from MD all the time, and the gap was very smooth
(no audible gap at all) as long as you set the deck to 'repeat 1', and as
long as the start and stop points of the loop were compatible to begin
with. I finally took the MD deck out of my rack, though, because the
and shearing teeth off its expensive little plastic gears. (It was a Sony
MDS-JE510, BTW, and I understand this is a very common problem with that
model.) I still use it in the studio, but it's really not up to the wear
and tear live performances were putting on it.

-t-