RE: CD Mastering Windows Software

>I'm interested to hear how you master in Pro Tools free? I was under the
>impression that it doesn't really include much more than basic editing
>functionality.

You're right, it only comes what some would call basic editing
functionality.  I'm finding I can do excellent editing of my DAT stereo
recordings.  It also comes with a compressor, limiter, normalizer, eq's,
and
a few other basic plugins.  That's enough for me to do the mastering I
need
- nothing professional mind you - but certainly high quality.  If anyone
knows of another completely free program that even aproaches these
capabilities, I would love to try it out!
Jon