Re: CD Mastering Conundrum Continues

Thanks to all replies.
But still much remains unexplained.
I used Nero to burn the CD, so could set the gap to 0s.
I used "disk at once"
I did edit at zero crossing.
..but there's still the issue of the transfer changing the length of the
file.
which makes editing at zero crossing a waste of time.

Cliffs WaveLab looks like it may be an option, but
...hey Cliff, didn't you do that with tracks that were separated by
silence
anyway
( well that's how it looked to me when I read your post)

Per's Jam software looks like it could do the business,
as it does crossfades it must deal with the problem.
(if only it ran on PC)

So I'm still asking :-
1) How can you know in advance what the transfer from .wav to CD is going
do to the length of the file.

I notice that commercial CDs that segue don't have the track changeover at
the zero crossing point (so they click if you just play one track, at the
start and end), and can only assume that it wouldn't be possible to
achieve
this.

Well thanks again each of the replies

andy butler