Re: re[2]: kingcrimson in sf-no loop content...

>i think a joni mitchell approach would help here (not just for fripp, but
>for any of us).  the tuning of the guitar posits a certain default sound
>(overcomable by technique).. it's my understanding that joni has a
>differant tuning for almost every song (i suppose to a guitar player, it
>would make her "sound more technicly skilled" than she might be..but the
>end result is, imho, great).  if one were to believe the roland pr dept,
>it's for this reason she now uses roland guitar synths.

It would be interesting to note at this point that since late 70s, early
80s, robert fripp has championed his new standard tuning, or NST,
precisely
for that reason - offsetting and intentionally disturbing learned
mechanical
patterns.

of course at this stage, one would expect he knows and navigates NST like
his back yard

nic