Original or 'good'??

>>I think it's important to be original - and that's rather crucial
unless one's only ambition musically is to play cover songs.<<

Why's that then? It would seem to me that the continuum that stretches from
completely unprecedented innovation through to tribute bands is a little
more analogue that the above sentence would suggest - would it not even be
possible to make deeply moving, exquisite music that happened to be
hopelessly derivative without being 'cover songs'?

Again, throwing out more questions than solid answers... :o)

Steve
www.steve-lawson.co.uk