Re: Looping gear advice

Well, if you search recent archives, you'll see that there are a few
camps in the Loop device of choice.  The Echoplex and the Repeater are
pretty much the "top of the loop chain."  I went with the Repeater, as I
was very keen on having a stereo looping device with a LOT of memory for
around $500.  There were a few snags in the first operating system, but
they've since been worked out and I love my Repeater.  I find it's 4
track recording ability and programmable stereo effect loop to be
amazing in the ability to mangle loops.  The Echoplex also has a lot of
great features too, like the ability to go directly into overdub after
you end a loop on the first time.  Repeater doesn't do that.  You have
to end record (thus starting the loop) and go back into record a second
later.  I don't find this to be too much of a set back, but others have
stated it's of supreme importance.  I don't think you can really go
wrong with either device though, it more depends on what you like.

Mark Sottilaro