Re: ALESIS AIR-FX

> a niffty little box to be sure.....
> .....i wish i had more sends on my 1202 vlz, i have no idea
> how to do what i want.....something to try if you havent already, use a
>small
> mirror rather than your hand when controling the air-fx, its probably
>just my
> imagination, but this seems to work better and it LOOKS cooler.....

I'll try the mirror - I've been using a RAM card instead.
Also try pens and pencils for fast, precise gestures.

> ambient  light makes the unit less sensative, the darker the better.....
> and lastly, some of the patches seem to do absolutly nothing,
> anyone else notice this?

This "may" be because it's designed to work in-line and I got the
impression
you're using it in an effects send.

For the visually inclined - that's the air-fx that looks like a hand drum
I'm
hitting in the photo from July 17th. http://www.dreamstate.to/events.htm
I find two-handed techniques work well with many patches and
I can have both hands free if I'm treating loops.

Cheers,
Scott M2

http://www.dreamSTATE.to
ambientelectronicsoundscapes