things to do in Brazil

hello everyone,

jans' worldbridger email reminded me...

my brother and i are two loopers heading to Brazil from 12-26 to
1-22. normally we are based in the San Jose and San Francisco, CA,
areas (we share www.modaldub.net with some friends), but we hope to
explore new atmospheres and make new friends in magical, musical
Brazil. if things go well we are planning on returning for a few
months this summer, with a view towards performing and recording with
some of the multi-faceted Brazilians.

does anyone on the list have any advice, tips, experience, etc.,
regarding Brazil? we are starting off in Rio and will be moving
around from there as the melody takes us. i have heard good things
about liberal politics in Minas Gerais, and music in the north-west,
as well as good things all around about the towns of Olinda and
Recife. of course, Rio and Sao Palo have famous music scenes...
decisions decisions ;)

thanks-in-advance,
jeff

--

Jeff Blanding
jeff@modaldub.net
http://www.modaldub.net/

"Who ever needed a majority? Ten percent plus the police and the
military is all it ever took."
- William S. Burroughs