Re: worldbridger

>And Jan definitely gets my vote for Poet Laureate of Looping!

totally agreed!

>(with Matthias running a very close second)

very flattering, thank you. I never thought of myself as being
poetic, though. Exept for the emails I dont even read anything...
I had a totally scientific education, from my father and at the
university, but I am not serious in this, nor as a philosopher... its
some strange combination...

I rarely remember dreams, but two nights ago, I had a rather bad,
stressy one, where I had to give a speach about my work at a congress
in Sao Paulo. I was proud to do so, but nevertheless I arrived late
and unprepared. Even though I had realized there was a scientific
public I got into praising the phantastic capacities of our hearing
and magic of music... I suddenly saw the cruxial connection between
the physical hearing and the understanding of it in form of a huge
multipin connector and thought I had captured and expressed a big
truth (improvizing, as always ;-). But when I looked into the public
again, there was almost no one left... I even went into some
discussion with the organizer, promessing that next time I would talk
about pickups and bring some pictures to project, but he turned his
back on me, and I woke up, feeling bad...
I tried to recapture the secret that I felt and the connector was
only a symbol for - in vain.
But then a nice picture came to at least ilustrate the tremendous
capacity of that little organ with just a peace of skin, two less
than precise bones and a bunch of hair in a irregular cone... I will
have to elaborate it, and I hope it turns into an opening for some
speach for a not so scientific public ;-)
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org