Re:EDP Undo Question

>I'm a little confused by the undo operation on the EDP, and was
>wondering if anyone could clear it up for me (like through one of
>your wonderful little essays, Kim?).
>I've read the manual, and understand that a long press is supposed
>to undo the entire previous layer (given memory limitations), and a
>short press is supposed to undo the tail end starting from where you
>press "undo".  But my EDP seems erratic in this function -- often I
>have to press undo twice or more to undo the previous layer, and
>often it doesn't allow a long press -- the little undo light blinks
>on and off really quickly.  Also, it seems to me that sometimes I
>have to press undo while the previously recorded material I want to
>undo is actually playing.  If I press it elsewhere in the loop,
>nothing happens.
>Comments, anyone?  thanks in advance.

This is an old question and there must be several answers in the
archives/FAQ.

Anyway shortly again:
- If you already listened back to the part you want to erase, it
means that there was a copy made in the memory, so you have to press
Undo twice. A typical situation is that you want to Undo a bit, then
listen its still there, press Undo again, but only erase the new copy
with it, so its still there and you press again... the
Undo-Agony-Loop ;-)
(In upcoming Loop4 only one press erases the empty copy plus the last
overdub!)
- The green LED tells you that there is still enough sound in memory
for an Undo. Depending on previous alterations to the loop, its
possible that this condition is only given in the later part of the
loop, so the LED blinks. And you only get an effect if you press
while its lit. (in Loop4, you can press anytime and the Undo is done
asap)
- There are situations where a previous Overdub extends over loop
start or is fading out softly, so you think you press after the last
layer to undo it all while you really just undo an inaudible end of
it. (a musical question, no technical solution, unfortunately)
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org