Re: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V01 #715

Legion wrote:

> > >    Another newbie question; is there an amp simulator out   there
>that is
> > head and shoulders above the rest; or are
> > >    they all pretty much in the same league?
>
> > They are all the same and IMO they all suck big time.
>
> Heh. For the most part I agree with this. However, I am rather fond of
>the
> Sansamp pieces. I've used the original stompbox sized one and found it
>very
> expressive. There are a few models out now (as well a as few discontinued
> ones) so you might want ot read around on them but IMO the Sansamp
>thingies
> are worth checking out.

imho these things generally (and sansamp in particular) sound best when
they're
being used for other than trying to emulate (or replace) existing tube amp
tones. the sansamp gear for example works wonders on vocal tracks, drums,
etc.
where you might want to create an unusual texture or two...you can use
them on
guitar but best not to think you'll somehow be able to conjure up that
magical
n.o.s. tube mojo...subvert the designer's plans and you can't (nearly) go
wrong!

lance g.