Re: Field Effects

>well, i unfortunately was not able to attend last nights event. can
>someone
>who made it post a report? does anyone know if there are files or records
>of any kind online somewhere?

>thanks, jeff

Hi Jeff,

The show was a great success. Very encouraging for the prospect of doing
more shows like this (and differently themed experimental shows). About 80
people showed up. (We were thinking we'd be lucky to have 50.) The acts
were
all excellent. Especially noteable was one of the video installations,
which
involved a mobile with branches spinning against a board (contact miked),
with a projector flashing images onto the board, and a camera filming the
whole thing.

We didn't have a direct recording off the board like we were hoping, but
we
asked a guy in the to record for us. The other host still needs to
transfer
the material from minidisc to a useable format, but I'm confident that the
result will be highly listenable.

Matt