Re: phil keaggy

--- mr monk <monk@fuse.net> wrote:
> well...in addition to being able to do all the stuff that lots of
> guitarists
> aspire to... making really cool rhythm loops and playing mindbending
> masterpieces over top of them... he will play a longish (20 seconds?)
> classical guitar line BACKWARDS so that when he flips it over it has
> mellotron meets hendrix sound and will layer two or three parts on
> top of
> it... and he's improvising it all! and he'll do it in an unfamiliar
> open
> tuning... i guess it's not his use of the jamman that is so
> incredible, but
> his ability to seemlessly integrate it his deep musicality.

what does the rather Majestic Mr Keaggy use for his backwards loops? I
thought he was just a JamMan user...?

...and you being a Keaggy fan Ric makes sense of you playing 'Let
Everything Else Go' when you were warming up at the LA Loop
fest thingie!! It took me a few minutes to work out what tune it was and
where I knew it from. Recently had 'Town to Town' on
in the car (whilst on a two month long trawl through old cassettes looking
for lost gems) - some incredible playing and
writing on there...

Looking forward to hearing the album you were working on...

Steve
www.steve-lawson.co.uk