Re: A shame there's no upgrade 4 the DL4

>I wish the DL4 had another bank of presets.  This would keep me from
>having to bend over in public.
>
>Mike Killian

I sympathize with this sentiment. As long as we're wishing - with the
existing hardware (4 buttons), Line6 could implement bank selection method
in software such as:
1. press button #1 to enter patch select mode (blinkenlight flashing)
2. enter your patch selection by pressing any of the other three buttons
(eight possible combinations including none pressed)
3. press button #1 again to confirm patch selection and abandon bank
select
mode (blink off)
And so on and so forth for each of the 4 buttons. In other words, the
first
button press is your bank select (4 banks), the next presses your patch
select (8 each) is 32 possible patches.

(Now if only there were also a way to get the patches in there in the
first
place....hmmm)

Only requires software implementation, and users comfortable in binary
numbering. (The alternative: keep only customers comfortable with bending
over in public:-)

Sorry, couldn't help it....
All the best,
Nic