Re: tap tempo to midi clock ???????

Here's the story on the project Mark was refering to:

I was working on a midi to tap tempo converter specifically for the vortex
(for Mark) mainly so I could get some hardware going which works toward my
end goal.  I basically did everything for the midi->tap box except figure
out how to electrically interface the vortex tap tempo jack.  Then my
momentum stalled and I got sidetracked by some other projects (compounded
by
the fact that I don't actually own a vortex for testing).  My overall
vision
for the project is to make a little box about the size of a metronome
which
has a midi-in and midi-out jack.  This box would basically serve either as
master midi-clock "server" or a slave (a small selector switch would
select
the mode).  The master sets the tempo via tap-tempo and broadcasts a
steady
midi clock signal.  The slaves just listen for midi clock and have some
sort
of display capability (such as a bright strobe, or a series of LEDs that
"wag" back and forth).  I have found myself wanting this over and over
during rehearsals/shows where we don't want to be wearing cans listening
a click track.  They'd be battery powered and chainable, so you have an
instant visual click track for the whole band. What do you all think?
Jon