RE:EDP or REPEATER?

Heh William!

If the following things are true  for you, I'd get a Repeater.
1. You want to be able to save loops for later playing.
2. You want to be able to play your loops from a midi controller (much like
you would a normal sampler)over a 3 octave range.
3. You can live with the three button footswitch, until you integrate a
midi footcontroller into your rig. (you are limited to
Record/Overdub,Stop/Start,and Undo/Redone, with the 3 button footswitch)
4. You can live without the instant overdub capability a alaA the EDP.
5. You would rather support an innovative, small company like Electrix, or
a much larger corporate entity like Gibson ( who makes the EDP,correct me
if I'm wrong)
and has built a reputation of buying up small innovative companies and
running them into the ground (see Opcode, among others).

Either way, they are both worthy devices, and one could argue that Gibson
resurrected the EDP, though for how long I don't know.
Good Luck,
Bill Walker

Disclaimer: I have never owned an EDP, I have checked them out thoroughly
however,  and I was never too impressed by the footswitch which seemed
suspiciously like an ADA footswitch, and a bit flimsy. I always relied on a
jamman which only had four button footswitch live capability( unless you
used a midi pedal),so the repeater doesn't strike me, as it does some
loopers as a particularly cumbersome live tool.