my little zoo (another newbie repeater-mixer problem)

as a parfect newbie of everything concerning
mixers, signal routing, etc...

I ask someone to help me...

I have

a guitar (a great klein, eine große small... thanks Andreas)
some pedals
a mesa boogie amp
a repeater
a mixer

how should I put them all together?

I used to plug the guitar into the chain of pedals, plugging the line
out from them all (4or 5) into the ordinary amp input and everything
sounded great...

Then came the Repeater. I thought the efx loop of the Mesa would be
ok, but I found out the CFC "chirping" problem (most of the Repeater
users probably know what I mean...). Jason from Electrix told me a
small mixer would have do the job; I found a second hand Behringer
1604... ok... so  I take the line from the Mesa efx out, plug it into
a mixer channel, then plug the Repeater in the mixer aux send &return
and then out from the left channel main output of the mixer into the
return of the Mesa efx loop...

the chirping is still there!
and with it many other noises: birds af all the races, small snakes,
little rats... and if I touch some of the little cute knob of the
mixer they suddenly scream all together...

tried other combination... even worst!
does anybody know how to tame my little zoo?

thanks you all

bruno