Re: Percussive Loopers

>Anybody out there doing any *real-time* looping with either acoustic or
>electronic drums/percussion?

I was for a while, with my Handsonic and Line 6 DL-4 pedal.  The variety
of
sounds built into the thing and the controllers (D-Beam, ribbons, etc)
allowed for a very wide variety of sounds.

I eventually sold my Handsonic to a friend, who I gather has put it to
good
use.

I just bought a $50 LP Museum Series Udu drum last weekend and have been
playing it almost to the exclusion of my other instruments.  Maybe this
means I'm going to make another try at being a percussionist (was a
guitarist in a former life).  I still have my DL-4, so if I ever get a
mic...

If I get a Handsonic again, I'd probably skip the Roland stand for it and
go
with either a snare stand or use a rubber mounting ring like the one used
by
Brian Melick on his instructional video.  And I'd probably want to use an
external MIDI sound source for the tuned sounds.

Paolo