Re: OT: Racking again (was Re: biz's signal path

>>...The gig rig seem like a good step....
>
>i don't know about the mini GigRig, but i have the full sized skb GigRig
>and i have to say it is not very well designed.
>if you don't need it to be rugged it is adequate, but
>the fasteners are week, and the front and back are held on the z axis
>only by a single little plastic pin.  and the top is only fastened to the
>sides.
>the pin on the front broke imediately on mine, leaving the top and front
>flopping loose.
>i replaced each pin with two metal studs. it still has the lame fasteners
>on top, though.

Thanks for the report -- I have the GigRig -- my fantasy has been to roll
it up onto small risers and part it there, to get the optimum height for
access to my Mackie (top) and the various units on the front.

... but in real life, it's a piece of furniture, sitting about five feet
from where I type this.  As such, it does very well.

But now I know to watch out for those fasteners, if/when I take it
anywhere.

Here's a concern:  Cabling.  I get the feeling that maybe a dozen pounds of
the unit's mass is from too-long cables.  Does anybody custom-cut cables to
spec?  Besides the length issue, I'd love cables with straight plugs on one
end and right-angle plugs on the other, so I could leave things plugged
into the Mackie when the top of the box was on.
---
* just-john@just-john.com  http://just-john.com/cn/rfe.shtml *