Re: Racking

Yes - short cords are nice.  I use Volex Powerbrite cords from Newark
Electronics in my rack.  I have a catalog here with shielded power supply
cables
in 12", 18", and 24" lengths, and they come in pink, green, yellow, red,
and
black, either with a straight or a 90 degree IEC end.  There are also
unshielded
versions, in 18", 24", and 36" lengths.

Some of the options appear in a search of the Newark website:

http://www.newark.com/psearch/searchResults.jsp?action=1&First=0&NPart=&MPart=&APart=&MName=&KWord=powerbrite&advancedSearch.x=0&advancedSearch.y=0

Newark also sells a 24" version of the cable that Jonathan refers to.

Enjoy!

-Hans