OT: Laughing Stock+14 NEW AKASH Tunes

Hmmmm...

I do view LS as being just as realized as Spirit of Eden was which I also happen to Love, though my own personal preference is always slanted toward LS.

& it is also amazing T-T ever got to release the material they did from Colour to Spirt leading into LS as that all stuff was really against the grain of everything anybody was doing on a major label especially at the time of those releases.

& I see LS as no lesser in quality than spirit but perhaps more as a culmination that is both eerie in its stark sense of intimacy and yet still having a certain thin, but kinda cold detachment which they seemed to have underpinned & maintained adeptly into something which is somehow more than just contrasting something as a counterpoint.

& by the time ya get to LS it is like a person questioning the visions they have received as well as acting upon their intentions & where they have taken them and all the while digging deeper and finding a certain solace ( perhaps it is solace ) in the both the revelation itself and or attaining a certain knowing thru questioning self or all of the above leading to an awareness which is deeper than feeling.

& I know that sounds overly new age & somewhat hokey coming from such a "mundane perveyor of perv" like meself, but that is largely the significance i have found and or perhaps selfishly attached to LS :)

but T-T's subtle detachment which is lurking underneath their hood is something which is there IMHO from even their earliest synth pop days and becomes a layer of complexity that is developed and revealed while being placed even more outfront on LS.

& to me that makes their intimacy  deeper & appearingly more informed alongwith their mysticism being more profoundly experienced from a listeners perspective as that they have set up a scenario of stories which are bound to reveal more than just textures and tones & also  mirror all that you/we would bring to their music.

(But can ya tell i really dig this album GRIN :)

But it is also the sense of resignation ( peaceful or exhausted? I dont know ) which appears in their final story, LS that is - was T-T , & that is absolutely haunting to me and again that feeling is strong & present thruout Colour & Spirt but LS exemplifies and amplifies it better-best in - IMHO.

& I also do see DT's point and don't really disagree with him as much as where i would see my perspetive as simply being more of a flavor type thing more on the level of what floats your boat and also where the boat you float on takes you or how 2 people on the same boat can see & value different things.

But on a sorta sideways tangent to all of these thoughts & to also give some insight into my own preferences wiring and their subsequent tastes, some people might say "Let it Be" may have been one of the lessor realized Beatles Albums, except for me, IMHO, Let It Be is my hands Down Fave of any Beatles Release.

& I guess it is sorta like say "You say teh-may-toe", "I say Teh-mahhhh-toe", but the tree(s) of which we are speaking about here sure have yielded some mighty ripe fuit, n'est pas?

Now on a completely different tangent, Can ya believe that AKASH will turn 4 years old on Valentines Day?

Time Sure Flies when you are kinky & dig it baby...

14 BRAND NEW AKASH Tracks have been added to our MP3.COM Page:
http://www.mp3.com/akashmusic

Tracks are mostly instrumental ranging in pure bliss, Goth to Primal and Industrial Strength Noise and some pop-leaning and loopy symphonic-excursions.

New Track are as follows:
"BUCKLE-LIPS"
"VAMPYRE CHANDRA'S THEME"
"PUBLIC SEX: THE PSYCHOHEAD REMIX"
"BUKKAKE"
"MANUAL STIMULATION"
"SOCRATES"
"KNOCK IT DOWN"
"IMPROV & SOUND CHECK: LIVE @CAFE KINK"
"HAPPY AS A DOG"
"MAKE A WISH"
"KARMA FLOOD"
"SUPER-PENETRATION"
"THESE THINGS I NEVER TOLD YOU"
"SNOWBALLING"
"MURDER STEPS INTO HER FANCY GARDEN"
* NOTE this Last Track should appear by Tommorow if it ain't up today.

Warm Regards,
JP/AKASH
"Remember To Always Kill Your Expectations"
http://www.akashmusic.com
http://www.mp3.com/akashmusic
http://stations.mp3s.com/stations/210/akashradio.html